The news story currently buzzing (exploding?) is how President Trump thought about using nuclear weapons to stop hurricanes from hitting the good old U S of A.
Business Insider tells the tale of the intersection of meteorology, atomic weapons, and, well, Trump-level insanity:
One source present at a hurricane briefing at the White House at an unspecified date told Axios that Trump suggested something along the lines of: “I got it. I got it. Why don’t we nuke them? They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they’re moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane, and it disrupts it. Why can’t we do that?”
The question is Does Trump know about fallout and just assume it will drop over Africa? If he does, then the White House just hit a brand new level of racism. If he doesn’t understand radioactive fallout is a thing, then maybe we can buy him a really nice condo at Chernobyl?
It got me thinking what other Trumpian uses for nukes could we be seeing in the near future?
Here’s my list:
10. If Trump can’t have Greenland, no one can have Greenland!9. The next 4th of July party will be the bigliest ever (and the last).
8. Tornado Alley is no longer tornado-ey. However, it is unlivable.
7. The NRA sells briefcase-sized nuclear bombs to the public.
6. The Trump Presidential Library will have a nuclear missile with HUGE hands.
5. We realize the Clean Air and Water Act doesn’t cover nuclear fallout.
4. Trump logos are plastered on every single nuke.
3. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos reinstates duck and cover drills in schools.
2. Trump supporters can purchase their own collectible nuclear weapon plate set.
1. Did you know you can stop an earthquake by destroying the Earth?