by Bruce Gerencser cross posted from his blog The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser
Hate is a strong word, so maybe I should title this post, My Top Ten List of Religious Things That Irritate the Hell Out of Me.
- Religious fundamentalism in all its form
- Christian nationalism and promoters of the Christian nation myth
- Pastors and other religious leaders who don’t practice what they preach
- Bible inerrancy
- Mega churches
- Parachurch groups like Focus on the Family, American Family Association, and Family Research Council
- Christian TV and Radio
- Nouthetic counseling
- Christians who refuse to let me tell my story, thinking they know me better than I know myself
There are many other things I could add to this list, but these will do for now.
Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network member, Bruce Gerencser blogs at The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser He writes from the unique perspective of having been a pastor for many years and having seen it all in churches. His journey out of being a true believer and pastor has been an interesting and informative one.
Bruce Gerencser spent 25 years pastoring Independent Fundamental Baptist, Southern Baptist, and Christian Union churches in Ohio, Michigan, and Texas. Bruce attended Midwestern Baptist College in Pontiac, Michigan. He is a writer and operates The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser blog. Bruce lives in NW Ohio with his wife of 35 years. They have six children, and ten grandchildren.