In 1994, Pastor Jack Schaap wrote the greatest book *ever* on the subject of dating.
(3) By all means, keep your weight down to the proper level. Hundreds upon hundreds of times I have had young men tell me that they would date a particular girl in whom they were interested if only she would lose a few pounds.
(4) Fix your hair every day. Go to the library, study books on hair care and find new ways to wear your hair.
(5) Wear dresses with shoulder padding, puffy shoulders, or expanded shoulders.
(6) Don’t be afraid to wear modest amounts of make-up. But, be very careful about using excessive eye shadow. Many guys are turned off by dark or colored eye shadow.
(7) Don’t be trendy. One of my best friends in college nearly broke up with his future wife because she was the first to wear colored stockings among her peers. I realize this sounds very trite, but I’m trying to give you ladies a bit of insight into the complex male thinking.
Yeah… this guy sounds like he’s full of Good Christian Wisdom and insights into the impossibly-difficult-to-understand male mindset.
So guess where I’m going with this story? GUESS!
At this time, we deeply regret the need to announce that First Baptist Church has dismissed our pastor, Dr. Jack Schaap, due to a sin that has caused him to forfeit his right to be our pastor. First Baptist Church is in full cooperation with our local authorities in their investigation of this matter. Our church grieves over the need to take this action and the impact it will have on our people.
According to the Christian Post, “An extra-marital affair, possibly with a teenager, might be the reason for Schaap’s dismissal.”
You get the feeling that even Schaap knew his advice wasn’t worth taking seriously…
***Update***: It gets worse:
The girl in question was 16 when the alleged affair began in April, said a source, and was affiliated with the church’s Hyles-Anderson College near Schererville although not a student.
Yikes. I would be reveling in the Schadenfreude if the crime wasn’t so damned disturbing.
(via Christian Nightmares)