We welcome unsolicited submissions. We can’t promise to publish everything. Here are some guidelines.
- Please read our blog to get a sense for what we’re trying to accomplish with our reviews. We’re not trying to replicate the work of Roger Ebert or Manohla Dargis, or the New York Times Review of Books. We can’t compete with them for general knowledge of film or literature. Our distinctive contribution is that we use books and movies as an occasion for Christian moral or theological reflection. Our posts aspire to be more reflective essays than conventional reviews.
- We cover anything that wouldn’t be an outright sin for someone to read or watch.
- Posts usually run between 750 and 1,000 words. But we’ve published anything from 500 to 2,000 words.
- Please include a URL for an image to be used with your post (a movie poster or the front cover of the book).
- Try to come up with a pithy headline that conveys your central point but also includes or references the title of the work you’re reviewing.
- Email submissions to mind.over.media.patheos.blog [at] gmail.com. (“Mind Over Media” was our first name before someone threatened to sue us). An editor will (try to) respond within a week.
We look forward to reading your submissions.