Now Featured in the Patheos Book Club
Jane Eyre's Sisters
How Women Live and Write the Heroine Story
By Jody Gentian Bower
- The author argues that scholars have largely ignored the story of the heroine, even though it's been told for centuries. Do you agree? What do you think about this?
- Would you call yourself an Aletis? Why? Do you know other people who could be called an Aletis?
- Did this book remind you of anything that has happened to you? Have you encountered people who are like the characters described in the book (for example, an Indifferent Father, a Mean Girl, or a Witch in the Forest)? Was your experience similar to the experiences described in the book?
- Did this book give you any new ideas about yourself? Do you see your own life differently after reading it? How so?
- What is the book's greatest strength, for you? Its greatest flaw?
- How did you feel after reading this book? Do you want to read it again?
- Do you want to read or re-read any of the books mentioned by the author? Which ones, and why?
- Would you recommend this book to someone else?