Now Featured at the Patheos Book Club
Better Than We Believed
How to Apply the Vision That is Faith to the Struggle That is Life
By Father Robert J. Cormier
About the Book
Father Robert Cormier presents the true stories of believers who dared to ask tough questions of God at moments of crisis, and who in turn received real, eye-opening, and ultimately good news about the resilience of their faith.
Presuming nothing that both traditional believers and critical-thinking searchers will not find in their hearts, Better Than We Believed presents a strikingly clear concept of faith that answers the unhappiness of people you will recognize:
- MARK, who struggles with anger
- IRENE, who battles stress
- HENRY, who is consumed by hatred
- GLORIA, who has been betrayed
- BRIAN, who suffers depression
- MARY, who feels trapped by her duty to a loved one
- JOY, who can't get over a loved one's death, and
- JAMES, who knows that he is dying
As we witness this faith applied to these and other serious struggles, we will see how it can transform our own experience, and offer us peace, purpose, and joy.
About the Author
Robert J. Cormier has been a priest of the archdiocese of Newark for 31 years. He is currently serving in Jersey City. He is the author of two previous books: Why We Look Up: Making Sense of our Catholic Faith and A Faith That Makes Sense: Reflections for Peace, Comfort, and Joy.