- Profession: Religious Leader
- Lived: November 2, 1817- May 29, 1892 (Modern Era)
- Nationality: Persian
- Known for: Known for being the founder of the Bahá'í Faith.
- Fun Fact: Baha'u'llah was born as Mirza Husayn-Ali.
- Fun Fact: Baha'u'llah means Glory of God in Arabic.
- Fun Fact:
Baháʼu'lláh is a Persian religious leader and founder of the Baha’i Faith. The Baha’i Faith is religion that teaches the essential worth of all religions and the unity of all people. Baháʼu'lláh was born Mirza Husayn-Ali in Tehran, Iran and is considered to be a descendant of Abraham. From a very early age he displayed a great amount of wisdom, and would set out to devote his time to caring for the poor. He became a follower of the Báb and faced exile from Iran because of it. He faced imprisonment under ottoman authorities in the prison city of Acre (Israel) where he would spend the rest of his life. There has been over 15,000 writings from Baháʼu'lláh that cover social and moral teachings, Bahá laws, and prayers.
Back to Search Results