- Profession: radio broadcaster
- Lived: July 19 1921–December 15 2013 (Modern)
- Nationality: American
- Known for: president of Family Radio
- Fun Fact: Predicted that Christ would return on May 21, 2011 and the world would end entirely on October 21, 2011.
- Fun Fact: He later stated that his attempts to predict the end of the world were "sinful" and directly against Matthew 24:36.
- Fun Fact:
Harold Egbert Camping was born in 1921 and came to be known for his radio broadcasts and repeated failures to predict the end of the world and the Second Coming. His most famous prediction was that Christ would return on May 21, 2011 and the Rapture would occur. There would then be months of hell on earth followed by the end of the world on October 21, 2011. He was ridiculed when the date passed without incident and Family Radio, his radio station group, suffered significant losses. He later stated that his attempts to predict the end of the world were sinful as the Bible states that no man will know when the end is to come.
Back to Search Results