- Profession: televangelist
- Lived: March 5 1963 - Present (Modern Era)
- Nationality: American
- Known for: his televised sermons
- Fun Fact: Osteen refused to preach for many years until his father finally convinced him to give a sermon in January 1999.
- Fun Fact: Osteen does not emphasize the Devil or sin in his sermons because, growing up, the Devil was blamed for everything including ordinary headaches or irritability.
- Fun Fact:
Joel Osteen was born in Houston, Texas in 1936 and had five siblings. He attended Oral Roberts University, but he never graduated. Instead, he returned to Houston and founded Lakewood's television program. There, he helped produce his father's sermons. Joel Osteen gave his first sermon on January 17, 1999, less than a week before his father died of a heart attack. Following his father's death, Osteen began preaching regularly and grew the attendence of Lakewood Church from 5,000 to more than 40,000.
Back to Search Results