- Profession: Neuroscientist, author, and philospher
- Lived: April 9, 1967- Present (Modern Era)
- Nationality: American
- Known for: Known for being one of the "Four Horsemen of Atheism"
- Fun Fact: In 2018, Harris released a meditiation course app called Waking Up with Sam Harris.
- Fun Fact: His mother was the creator of The Golden Girls series.
- Fun Fact:
Sam Harris was born in Los Angeles, California and is an author, philosopher, neuroscientist and podcast host. He is the son of actor Berkley Harris and TV producer Susan Harris. Harris received a degree in philosophy from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA. Sam Harris has been known to be critical of religion and doesn’t shy away from using his platform to discuss it. He is a New York Times best-selling author, publishing books that discus religion, politics, terrorism and artificial intelligence. Harris’s focus across all of his work is on how a growing understanding of ourselves and the world is changing our sense of how we should live. Sam’s work has been published in more than 20 languages and has been discussed in many publications such as The Atlantic and The Economist. He is also the host of the Making Sense Podcast where he explores some of the most important questions revolving around the human mind, society, and current events.
Back to Search Results