1. Balancing family and professional commitments.
2. What it means to witness Christ in the workplace.
3. The role of ambition and self-promotion for the Christian professional.
4. How should a Christian fire an employee?
5. How can a Christian experience Christ's presence and calling during her work?
The very idea of a "Consultation," of course, is that we will "consult" with one another, pooling our collective experiences and wisdom (such as it is!) in order to get a better sense of the different options and possibilities of living and working as a Christian. Please click on the links above and go to the discussion threads, where you can share your stories, anecdotes, favorite quotations or books, and perhaps examples from our own experience. Let's work together to sketch out different ways of thinking Christianly about each of these issues -- and thus bless one another and enrich our professional lives in Christ.
We will have many articles on these subjects, so please bookmark the Evangelical Gateway and come back often in the coming weeks. This "Guide" document will be updated daily, with links to the meditations and articles as they appear-and you can also find them referenced on the gateway blog.
THUS FAR we have had the following articles and meditations:
· John Terrill's article on Reframing Business Education.
· Timothy Dalrymple's article on the Moral Dimensions of the Financial Collapse.
· Mary DeMuth's article on Marketing Without Manipulation.
· Galen Dalrymple's meditation on godly perspectives on What Are You Building?
· Nolan Sharp's meditation on When Work Teaches Faith.
· Timothy Dalrymple's meditation on The Holy Ghost in the Machine should go up today, so see the main Evangelical Gateway page.Also, again, be sure to check out our new blog!