By Evangelical Gateway Team
In its first week, theFaith@Work Consultation identified five pressing issues facing the Christian professional. We began to discuss these five issues on a Discussion Forum set aside specifically for the Consultation:
Yet we are also seeking the input of those who have spent a great deal of time thinking through these issues. Thus, in the list below, I take note of those articles which are directed toward the five issues-and in the coming week we will see more articles that address these issues directly. Please bookmark the Evangelical Portal and come back often! This "Guide" document will continue to be updated. Also visit our team blog.
The roster of articles thus far includes:
• Relevant to Issue 1: David Rupert on the tensions we bring home from work, in Wipe Your Feet; scholar/pastor Mark D. Roberts on Remembering the Sabbath; pastor Galen C. Dalrymple on The Curse of Busyness.
• Relevant to Issue 2: Mary DeMuth on Marketing Without Manipulation.
• Relevant to Issue 3:
• Relevant to Issue 4: Peter Collins' article on the Ethics of Firing, Part 1.
• Relevant to Issue 5: Timothy Dalrymple's meditation, The Holy Ghost in the Machine, on finding God in technology; Galen Dalrymple's meditations, What Are You Building?; Nolan Sharp's meditation on When Work Teaches Faith.
• General interest: John Terrill on on Reframing Business Education. Timothy Dalrymple's first and second articles on the Moral Dimensions of the Financial Crisis.