By the Evangelical Portal Team -- July 30, 2009
In its first week, the Faith@Work Consultation discussed the most pressing issues facing the Christian in the workplace, and developed a list of five:
In the second and third weeks we gathered articles and gathered also our own stories, perspectives and favorite resources on these issues. In this final week we seek the advice of the experts, and so we will feature a series of new articles and interviews.
The roster of articles thus far includes:
• Relevant to Issue 1: David Rupert on the tensions we bring home from work, in Wipe Your Feet; scholar/pastor Mark D. Roberts on Remembering the Sabbath; pastor Galen C. Dalrymple on The Curse of Busyness.
• Relevant to Issue 2: Mary DeMuth on Marketing Without Manipulation.
• Relevant to Issue 3: Jonathan Dodson on Do Worldly Honors Matter?
• Relevant to Issue 4: Peter Collins' article on the Ethics of Firing, Part 1.
• Relevant to Issue 5: Timothy Dalrymple's meditation, The Holy Ghost in the Machine, on finding God in technology; Galen Dalrymple's meditations, What Are You Building?; Nolan Sharp's meditation on When Work Teaches Faith; Tim Stafford on Believe in Your Calling.
• General interest: John Terrill on Reframing Business Education. Timothy Dalrymple's first and second articles on the Moral Dimensions of the Financial Crisis. John Hoyt on Courage in a Time of Darkness.
7/30/2009 4:00:00 AM