What is your experience of grace? Tackle these discussion questions from the new book by Jay Bakker, Fall to Grace, on your own or with a group, and then join our blog discussion at the Patheos Book Club. To read an excerpt from the book, click here.
Discussion Questions for Deeper Reading
1) How did your understanding of God change as you read Fall to Grace?
2) Are there things in your life that you've been taught to not do because they are unChristian? What does Jay say about these things?
3) Fall to Grace features several Grace Notes, stories from people who have experienced grace firsthand. Think of a time in your life when you've been touched by grace. How does this compare to these Grace Notes?
4) How do you define grace?
5) Jay Bakker calls grace revolutionary. What does this mean for your life? How can you use Jay's message in your life?
6) Jay talks about the parable of the prodigal son as a great example of grace. What other Bible stories illustrate the revolutionary nature of grace?
Visit the Patheos Book Club for more resources on Fall to Grace.
1/19/2011 5:00:00 AM