Use these discussion questions on your own or with a group to deepen your reading of the new book Women's Spirituality.
- What is Women's spirituality?
- Does Women's spirituality challenge God?
- What part does social equality play in Women's theology?
- Explain the importance of goddess archetypes and what they reveal about early matriarchal societies.
- What are some contemporary versions of women ancient rituals and ceremonies that women use today?
- Discuss how Jewish feminists such as Judith Plaskow, Phyllis Trible, Rachel Adler, and Marcia Falk have influenced Jewish theology.
- What is the pagan movement and who is Starhawk?
- Discuss the early monastic /convent movement of the Middle Ages and the role of nuns who expressed their spirituality through social action: Hildegard von Bingen, Catherine of Siena, and Teresa of Avila.
- What role did tribal mothers and female shamans play in Native American culture?
8/1/2011 4:00:00 AM