I’m probably reminding ME more than you. I’ve made an effort to be saner, to get all the religious craziness out of my head, and I’ve succeeded (with the religion part anyway) so well that I never think in any religious or superstitious way at all. I tend to tune out the nuttier stuff.
As a result — is it the Dunning-Kruger Effect? — I always think the world around me is fairly sane. I’m prone to see humans as rational and compassionate, with the individual exceptions as rarities.
But … read this:
- America will be the tribulation political Babylon.
- God will cause America to be the first country to follow the Antichrist.
- America and its allies will defeat Russia and the Shiite Muslims in a nuclear war that God will start.
- The tribulation wars will all be fought in the first half of the tribulation period, and there will be peace between countries in the second half of the tribulation.
- There will be a pre-tribulation rapture of the church and a middle tribulation rapture of the dead believers from the first half of the tribulation at the blowing of the seventh trumpet judgment.
- The blowing of the seventh trumpet starts the second half of the tribulation period.
- The ozone and hydrogen layers of the atmosphere will most likely be burned up when a nuclear bomb explodes over the mountains of Israel and the heavens roll up as a scroll at the time of the sixth seal judgment. Ozone is a triple oxygen molecule.
- Oxygen + Hydrogen + heat = H2O (water vapor) and greater heat.
- The water vapor will condense into torrential rains and great hailstones.
- Global warming will occur because the sun will become seven times stronger and the earth will burn as an oven.
- Jesus will cause a permanent solar eclipse to form over Israel so that the elect can survive, but America, the homeland of the Antichrist, will freeze.
- The New Jerusalem, which will be a city in the shape of a cube, will descend toward earth and be suspended between the gravity of the moon and the earth over Israel. The city will be 1500 miles wide, 1500 miles long and 1500 miles high.
- God told Daniel that at the time of the end, when men run to and fro and knowledge is increased, the wise will understand the prophecies for the end of time. Since it is the end of time, Christians should try to understand.
But get this: This is from the website of the National Limestone Quarry — your go-to place for quality limestone AND loony-tunes Bible prophecy.
When I see televangelists on TV, I generally get a powerful sense that I’m looking at slick con men. But when I see these small-time godders, earnest and intense, I see someone pathetically otherworldly. To the point that they come across as projecting a literal cry for help regarding serious mental problems.
I’ve been saying for years that the American Psychological Association should designate a category of mental disorder called “religious illness.”
But … they’re not going to, are they? The outcry would stain the entire profession, and might even wipe the organization out of existence.
Which is yet another scary example of how much of a grip religion has on the world, especially the United States.