Join JT Eberhard and others all day today (Saturday, December 7) as they do a gamethon to fight cancer. Live stream his gaming and donate to the Foundation Beyond Belief’s support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. He will be playing with other people all throughout the day. And tonight he rematches Ed Brayton in poker and for just a $20 donation you can play too.
Here are the full details of what he’s doing today:
This Saturday I’ll be hosting an all-day gamethon to benefit Foundation Beyond Belief’s support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I’ll be getting things underway at 9am EST and will spend the day either streaming myself or popping into another gamer’s stream. We have some big names lined up which I’ll slowly leak over the coming week. 😀 The first: uber philanthropist Todd Stiefel has volunteered to drop in for some gaming time.
Todd has hinted to me that he plays some MMOs. Hopefully he plays one where I have a character so I can go troll him.
I’ve also been told that the atheist Guild Wars 2 guild will join up with me for a massive battle or two!
I’ll be directing traffic all day, so you can go to my Twitch page to see what all is going on.
If you would like to participate, leave a comment or send me an email (email@example.com) with the following info:
- Your stream name and URL.
- What games you generally stream.
- What games you intend to stream.
- Any fundraising gimmicks you have going (for instance, I might jungle every champion from A-Z in LoL or let people choose my jungle champ for a donation).
- What hours of the day you plan to stream.If you just play games and would like to stream for the event, but never have, it’s easier than you think.
1. Create an account with Twitch. (Just click the “sign up” button in the upper right hand corner) It’s free!
If you have any problems, leave a comment and I will help you out. You don’t have to be world-class – you just have to like gaming and hate cancer.
For those who already stream and want to help, you wouldn’t have to do anything different aside from encouraging people to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at this link.
As for what games to play, they can be anything! MMOs, LoL, or even old school Nintendo games that will be nostalgic for many of us. For the right price, I might even do some trolling like so: