The sorcerers behind the scenes at Patheos are changing the commenting engine for all the blogs to Disqus. You might’ve seen Disqus elsewhere on the internet.
Some of the improvements are:
- You can finally edit your comment. No more zero tolerance for HTML typos.
- Long comments collapse so that the first hundred words or so are shown, with a “see more” button at the bottom.
- You can vote comments up or down.
- Comments can be sorted—Oldest at the top, Newest at the top, or Best (as voted on by readers) at the top.
- You can share a comment on Twitter or Facebook.
There’s one temporary downside: old comments are there, but not all of the comments in the past few days have made it over. The sorcerers have assured me that all is well, and any comments you don’t see will, like the proverbial lost sheep, be brought back to the fold.