When you’re one of nine Republicans running for a House seat, you have to do something to make yourself stick out. And when that seat is in Alabama, you have to definitely stake out the far right and mark your territory. Candidate Dean Young is attempting to do that by demanding that the other candidates sign this pledge:
1. I believe that the only marriage is between one man and one woman.
2. I believe the Biblical condemnation of homosexuality and thereby gay marriage.
3. The tenants [sic] of my church oppose gay marriage.
4. I oppose gay marriage.
5. As a member of Congress, I shall take active steps to oppose gay marriage.
6. I support the by-law change to expel any member of the Republican Executive Committee who opposes the party position by supporting gay marriage.
Young is endorsed by totalitarian theocrat Roy Moore.