Syracuse Frat Suspended for Staggeringly Racist Video

Someone involved with the Theta Tau fraternity at Syracuse University sent video of what looks like some sort of initiation ceremony that will make your blood boil to the school newspaper. In it, they pledge to always hate blacks, Latinos and Jews, only they used the common slurs for those groups of people and even included Hitler references. The fraternity has now been suspended.

“I solemnly swear to always have hatred in my heart for n*ggers, sp*cs and most importantly the f*ckin’ k*kes,” the member on his knees recites after having his “pledge” dictated by another member who is standing.

After that, one of the brothers tells the others, “You fucking kikes, get in the fucking shower.” Nice. I’m so glad we live in a post-racial world, don’t you? Imagine the kind of person you would have to be to think this is anything but appalling. And be glad you aren’t that person. And if you are like that, you’re in the wrong place and should show yourself out before I throw you out. Very disturbing video below.

"I was thinking about this and I see parallels to how violence is treated. We ..."

The Sexist Idea Behind ‘Enforced Monogamy’
"I agree. I was more joking, the real solutions to the issue requires some kind ..."

"Ah, yes! I read Mill of course in the good old Poli-Sci course I did ..."

"Yeah, just the small things matter so much.. a little scrawled note, remembering a few ..."

Browse Our Archives

Follow Us!

What Are Your Thoughts?leave a comment