By now, you’ve heard of the Turkish game show where religious figures from different faiths (priest, rabbi, Imam, etc.) try to convert a group of atheists.
The show is called Penitents Compete (Tovbekarlar Yarisiyor in Turkish).
British magazine The Week is running a contest. They want you to answer the following question:
If an American network stole this TV idea, what should this show be called in America?
- No “Idol” jokes, please! (Too easy)
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- Please include your name, address, and daytime telephone number for verification
- Please type “Atheist Show” in the subject line
- Entries are due by noon, Eastern Time, Tuesday, July 21
Winner gets a subscription to the magazine and, of course, pride.
I don’t know about the title of the show, but I’ll bet an atheist gets eliminated each week during “Bible Council”! (Ha! Get it?!)