Welcome Spiritual Abuse Survivors!
We are here to assist one another to amplify the voices of spiritual abuse survivors by growing blog readership and raising awareness of the issue of spiritual abuse.
Bloggers who wish to join the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network must meet the following criteria:
You must be a survivor of spiritual abuse. (Obviously!)
You must have a blog – the topic of your blog, however, does not necessarily have to be exclusively about spiritual abuse. It would be great if you share part or all of your story on your blog, but it is not a requirement.
That’s it. We like to keep things simple.
To join the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network, follow these steps …
1) Place a link to the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network on the sidebar of your blog.
2) Write a blog post introducing your readers to the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network. We encourage you to use information from the “About” page – you’ll make us extra happy if your post includes the current list of Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs with links to fellow survivors’ blogs found here: The Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network.
3) Submit at least one article for publication at No Longer Quivering. The more articles you submit, the greater benefit to your own blog via your active participation in the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network.
Ideas for article submissions include: an introduction to your blog, a synopsis of your story of spiritual abuse – or better yet, consider writing a story series in installments for maximum exposure, any personal experience related to the topic of spiritual abuse (refer to the categories and tags on NLQ for a wealth of topic ideas!), commentary on current events or news items related to spiritual abuse.
Email your article to Calulu: CaluluNLQ@gmail.com – be sure to add a brief bio with a link to your blog at the end of your article and include “SASBN submission” in the subject line.
4) Help promote survivor blogs! This is easily done by including their links in your sidebar, writing blog posts about their blogs or commenting on their recent posts, regularly check the SASBN Articles– you are encouraged to crosspost any of the articles on your site so long as you include a link to the individual SASBN blog and to this page: The Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network. This is both an excellent source of blog material which will enable you to post frequently (increasing your blog traffic) and an opportunity for the SASBN posts which you submit to be shared around the Network – all with quality (related to your blog topic) links back to your blog which will raise your site’s Google ranking.
6) Bookmark the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network page and check your favorite bloggers’ sites regularly – when you find an article of interest, use the site’s social networking buttons to share the article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, etc. Keep in mind that by actively promoting fellow survivors’ blog posts – we collectively raise the issue of spiritual abuse in the “consciousness” of Internet users – this increased awareness will result in more traffic for all Network participants.
Upon the completion of Step 3 – when your post is published on NLQ – your blog will be added to the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Netwok and we will begin actively promoting your blog. The extent of your participation (steps 3 through 6) will determine the amount of effort which the SASBN participants will put into working with you to make your blog succeed. We’re excited about this project and we look forward to discovering and promoting our fellow spiritual abuse survivors.
Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network
NLQ Recommended Reading …
‘Breaking Their Will: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment‘ by Janet Heimlich
‘Quivering Daughters‘ by Hillary McFarland
‘Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement‘ by Kathryn Joyce