Today as you listen to various pastors and teachers speaking about Friday’s tragic murder of those twenty school children ponder on the way they talk about it. If you hear any of the things listed below coming out of their mouths you must stop and ask yourself why you’re allowing someone to spout spiritually abusive views to you. If you hear these run. Find a church with accountability, with spiritual health and wholeness.
1. “It was God’s will that this happened.”
2. “God is punishing our nation/state/school/society for immorality.”
3. “When we took God out of the schools this is what happens.”
4. “Demons were involved! Demons because we have turned from God.”
5. “This happened so God could be glorified through the outcome.”
6. “This happened so that people would turn back to God and pray.”
7. “If they had just been home schooling their children like proper Christian families this would not have happened.”
..and I’m sure I’ve missed a few.
Comments open below
NLQ Recommended Reading …
‘Breaking Their Will: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment‘ by Janet Heimlich
‘Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement‘ by Kathryn Joyce