by Nancy Campbell of Above Rubies – Protect Your Womb!
Satan hates the womb. He knew that the Messiah, the Savior of the world, would come through the womb of a woman, the one who would destroy his head. He knows it is through the womb of the woman that the “godly seed” still comes to destroy his works. Satan comes to “steal, kill and destroy.” His attack is upon the womb through a number of areas:
1. Abortion where human beings, created in the image of God in the secret place of the womb, are cruelly torn apart limb by limb or slowly burned alive.
2. The Pill and IUD. Did you know that both the Pill and the IUD are abortifacients? Did you know that more babies are killed in the womb through the IUD and the Pill than the holocaust of abortion? Your doctor doesn’t tell you this. Your pastor or minister doesn’t tell you this. Thus, many God-fearing people are ignorantly aborting their own babies. The womb, which is a sanctuary to nurture and protect life has become an extermination camp. Satan is having a heyday! For more detailed information on this matter, read Be Fruitful and Multiply which you can order through www.aboverubies.org
3. Permanent contraception such as Tubal ligations where the barren womb is denied the life it was created to nurture. When we decide on permanent contraception such as tubal ligation we are actually saying, “God, I don’t appreciate the way you made me. You did the wrong thing when you gave me a womb. It doesn’t suit my present lifestyle so I will make sure it can’t be used.” Now, I know that most women don’t say those words as they go for a tubal ligation. Most women do it in ignorance. They have been advised (often by pastors) that this is the most convenient way to go. But if we take time to think about it and are really honest, this is the bottom line of what we are doing. The womb never says, “It is enough” Proverbs 30:15-16. God has created the womb to yearn for life. Mothers who are unable to conceive experience the heartache of the truth of this scripture. I am constantly receiving letters from women who have had a tubal ligation, but now a few years later, their wombs are crying out again, and they long for another child. The truth of God’s Word is eternal and true. When we go against it, we do so to our own hurt.
4. Drugs and the curse of sicknesses upon our reproductive organs.
5. Unnecessary hysterectomies. Nearly one million hysterectomies are performed every year in the USA, one every 30 seconds. Only 4.7 per cent of these are necessary surgeries! All others could have been prevented by alternative surgery. Sixty per cent of these operations are performed on women under 44 years, women of child-bearing age. Most disorders of the womb can be repaired without a full hysterectomy. Only cancer or emergencies should necessitate such radical surgery. If you are recommended a hysterectomy, please seek a number of other opinions before making your decision. Protect your womb.
6. Curses. The sins of the parents from past generations can bring a curse upon the womb. It can also come upon us through our own sin or negative confession. We should be careful not to speak negatively about any of our reproductive organs. Guard how you speak about menstruation. When you call it “the curse” or other negative names, you give an opportunity for the curse of barrenness or other disorders to come to your womb. A curse on the womb can be a failure to menstruate, painful or irregular menstruation, cramps, cysts, tumors, continual miscarriage and inability to conceive–in fact, anything that affects your reproductive organs. Now please don’t get me wrong. I am not saying, that if you have one of these disorders that it is because of a curse. There are often other factors involved. But it could be a possibility. If you feel this is the case, you may like to pray this prayer:
“Dear Father, I come to you in Jesus” name. I confess I have not received my womb as a gift from You. I have ignored the power of my womb and my womanly functions. I repent. Please forgive me and cleanse me in Jesus” name.
Lord, I accept my womb as a gift from You. I accept the way You created me. I embrace it. I want to fulfill Your purposes for me as a woman.
In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, I renounce all negative words, even jokingly, that I have spoken about my womb, about menstruation, about pregnancy and about my womanly functions. I renounce any curse that has been placed upon my womb or reproductive organs from my parents, grandparents or great grandparents on both sides of my family.
I ask that You will now cleanse my womb and cover it with your blessing.
I receive your blessing in the name of Jesus. Amen.”
7. Ignorance. Interestingly, as I have talked with mothers about this subject, many of them have shared with me that “ignorance” has been their biggest problem. “No one has ever informed me!” is their constant cry. The deceiver of our souls has effectively kept us ignorant about the power of our womb.
Comments open belowQUOTING QUIVERFULL is a regular feature of NLQ – we present the actual words of noted Quiverfull leaders and ask our readers: What do you think? Agree? Disagree? This is the place to state your opinion. Please, let’s keep it respectful – but at the same time, we encourage readers to examine the ideas of Quiverfull honestly and thoughtfully.
NLQ Recommended Reading …
‘Breaking Their Will: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment‘ by Janet Heimlich
‘Quivering Daughters‘ by Hillary McFarland
‘Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement‘ by Kathryn Joyce