Like many of you, I’m extremely busy in October. Just as nature is drawing me into a time for quiet repose, I find I have more to do and accomplish than ever. As I am gearing up for projects to be tackled, my spirit is longing for long hours in meditation and quiet solitude.
So although I was saving it for this weekend, here is my song list for Hallows.
13. Dante’s Prayer – Loreena McKennitt
When the dark night seems endless, please remember me.
12. Twa Corbiez – Omnia
Where shall we gang and dine to-day?
11. He Walked On Water – Randy Travis
But his hat seemed to me like an old halo.
10. Silent House – Dixie Chicks
And I will try to connect all the pieces you left.
9. Danny Boy – Bing Crosby
It’s you, it’s you must go and I must bide.
8. Kilkelly Ireland – Robbie O’Connell
Be sure to come on home soon.
7. We Do Not Die – Velvet Hammer
We are just on the Other Side.
6. Summerland – Emerald Rose
No, I’m not afraid for the Goddess speaks with certainty.
5. Gallileo – Indigo Girls
How long ’til my soul gets it right?
4. Highwayman – The Highwaymen (Nelson, Cash, Jennings, Kristofferson)
But I will remain and I’ll be back again.
3. Carry Me Home – Celia
Ancestors, ancestors, guide my family home.
2. Breaths – Sweet Honey In The Rock
‘ Tis the ancestor’s breath when the fire’s voice is heard.
1. I Will Remember You – Sarah McLachlan
Don’t let your life pass you by. Weep not for a memory.