Here’s my suggested nominations for the categories, and of course, vote for all your favourites in order to support their work. As the description says:
If you have a nomination for a great skeptical/science video which has been uploaded or created since January 2012…They all go to helping tireless people who spend their own time and money getting a great message out there.
And every nod to our effort helps encourage us to keep working. Without further ado, please consider:
Best Skeptic and Science Videos:
- How about the skeptic video that the FTB did on Godless Parenting with the FTB bloggers Dan Fincke, PZ Myers, Ophelia Benson and Russell Glaser – Godless Parenting Chat: What Do You Do To Bring Up God-Free Children? (if only because the title makes me think “take Ipecac syrup to help”)
- Testing the Shuzi Sports Band by the Merseyside Skeptics. A great investigation.
- “Wild Sex“ with Dr Carin Bondar
- Also! Cara Santa Maria with “Talk Nerdy to Me”
- Engaging Children in Science at the The World Skeptics Congress by Samantha Stein, the founder of the UK Camp Quest.
- Creationism In and Outside of the US at The World Skeptics Congress by Eugenie C. Scott, Executive Director of the National Center for Science.
But if you REALLY want to make me laugh?
There’s a lot of big names that’ll inevitably be in the running (such as Skeptic.com; and Pharyngula won last year I think) – but think outside the box and give these shows some love:
- Doubtful News by Sharon Hill.
- Young Australian Skeptics
- Morning Heresy
- Leaving Fundamentalism by Jonny Scaramanga
- NonProphet Status
- Sexonomics by Dr Brooke Magnanti
- Bruce M. Hood
Best Event/Campaign in 2012:
- The World Skeptics Congress in Berlin
- 2012 Global Atheist Convention – A Celebration of Reason (very much deserving)
- Skeptics for the Protection of Cancer Patients
- Testing the Shuzi Sports Band by the Merseyside Skeptics.
…or you could always vote for Kony 2012, but that might not be the best use of your vote.
Please do vote for Token Skeptic – mine! There’s so many podcasts already out there that little ones like mine get lost in the mix – also consider:
And please do think about the shows and sites that deserve support and love that may not usually get attention – one of the great things about awards is that even being in the running-up can help build an audience. Thanks!