Just a quick round-up on what’s been going on – firstly, there’s a new short episode of some of the running about I’ve been doing for Fringeworld 2018 over on the SoundCloud page:
Some of the recommendations / heard good things about that I have for the #FringeWorld week-or-so to come (and check listings, as some of these may end very soon!) include:
- Séance | An Immersive Experience
- Ray Bradshaw: Deaf Comedy Fam
- Djuki Mala
- Zoe Coombs Marr
- Simon Taylor – Happy Times
- Laura Davis – Cake in the Rain
- Goto Hell
- Bad Luck Cabaret
- WE ARE IAN
- Lucy Peach My Greatest Period Ever
- Fleabag (I’ve seen a few episodes of the TV show and this is going to be some very bleak comedy)
- Anything showing at the Blue Room Theatre or Four5Nine venue over at the Rosemount Hotel (which is kind of a free ticket-experience itself, just arriving and hanging around the terrifying waiting area, quite frankly).
- Il N’Est Pas Encore Minuit
- Farewell to Paper
- The Far Side of the Moon
- Ben Folds throwing paper planes around because he can – and did you know that Tim Minchin did One Angry Dwarf with him over at the Sydney Opera House? I don’t think we’ll be that lucky over here in Perth:
I’ve also started off February by beginning some Skeptic Book Club Recommendations over on the Curiouser and Curiouser column; one of the first podcasts for the year is with the author of How To Be Reasonable, which you can find on the Token Skeptic Podcast.
If I have any energy left after all of this, there may be more podcasts on the way, along with a few more randomised wild-card selection reviews of what’s going on around FringeWorld, so any recommendations welcomed. Just hit me up on the comments.