I want you to pledge monies to the Secular Student Alliance. You know about SSA week, right?
Well, if you didn’t, then you do now, so there!
SSA Week will be ten days devoted to supporting secular student activism. Writers across the country will be fundraising for the secular students, highlighting their accomplishments and bringing attention to their need for your help.
Part of SSA week is this blogathon:
Blogathon! Various bloggers will be cranking out material for pledges. You can pledge per word, per post, pledge with a request that a certain blogger covers a particular topic in exchange, etc. You could even take to your own blog and try to raise money that way!
I’m cranking out material for pledges! Want to be awesome and make me love you even more than I already do? Well, pledge to donate monies for me. Here are some ideas:
1. Pledge per word (.01¢ per word is suggested).
2. Pledge per post (24 throughout the day).
3. Pledge per thing you’ve learned. If a post teaches you something new, you donate your pledge amount.
4. Bid for crazy: You might not know this, but I’m actually a rather wild person. Want me to write “SSA” in my own blood on my forehead, video myself doing it, and then take pictures and post it here? Make a pledge. I’ll frickin DO IT. Want me to fill my belly button with superglue? Go pledge. Want me to upload the video of my hook suspension? Pledge.
6. Bid for torture: Want to see me extend my blogathon? Pledge per additional post beyond 8pm.
7. Bid for pictures: want to see pictures of me, my cats, my dogs, my house, me in my house with my dogs and cats? Go pledge.
8. Bid for WTF: Come up with something kooky. You guys are creative.
9. Bid for learnin’: Want me to teach you something? Please for me to write a post for you. Want me to write about sex? Polyamory? Science? Statistics? Werewolves?
10. Bid for blog: want to guest post? I’ll let you if you pledge. Seriously.
This is post 3/24 by Christina for the SSA blogathon in support of the Secular Student Alliance! Go donate to them!