If you know me, you know that I love music.
I love the way it makes me feel. I love love the memories it brings to mind. In another life I would be a DJ or a producer. I’ve even got an impressive catalog of music stored on old hard drives and mp3 players.
That’s why whenever I’m encouraged to do a music challenge, I try and take it on. Tonight a friend shared a prompt online that made me think about the 25 songs that would serve as the soundtrack of my life.
Each of the following tracks holds a special meaning for me. They capture moods and periods of my life or are songs that I can’t help but sing EVERY time they come on.
A person’s musical choices reveal things about them so I hope you enjoy hearing a bit more of my story through me sharing my soundtrack.
1) I Wish It Would Rain – The Temptations
2) Forever Mine – The O-Jays
4) All That I Got Is You – Ghostface Killah
5) Where’s The Fun in Forever – Miguel
6) Psalm 145 – Shane & Shane
7) Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
8) A Change is Gonna Come – Sam Cooke
9) XO – Beyonce
10) Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
11) Kryptonite – Purple Ribbon All Stars
12) Int’l Players Anthem – UGK
13) Just Friends (Sunny) – Music
15) Tiny Dancer – Elton John
16) Nice for What – Drake
17) Nothing Even Matters – Lauryn Hill and D’Angelo
18) Slide – The Goo Goo Dolls
19) As Much As I Ever Could – City and Colour
20) End of The Road – Boyz II Men
21) I Could Fall In Love – Selena
22) Bedtime – Usher
23) I’ll Be – Edwin McCain
24) Band of Gold – Freda Payne
25) All I Need To Get By – Marvin and Tammi AND Meth and Mary