The Religious Right Finally Calls Christ’s Teachings, “Woke,” “Liberal,” and “Weak.”

The Religious Right Finally Calls Christ’s Teachings, “Woke,” “Liberal,” and “Weak.” November 16, 2023

We (Christian Left) predicted this might happen. The signs have manifested for at least 5 years now, even longer.  The Religious Right finally calls the teachings of Jesus “Woke,” “Liberal,” and “Weak.” Let me again clarify who the Religious Right is.   The Religious Right is not most Christians.  It’s a percentage of mostly white American Christians, under 15%, in all branches of Christendom (Evangelical, Catholic/Orthodox, Protestant) who are weaponing the Christian faith for purposes of political power.  The other 85% of Christendom is not the Religious Right. Unfortunately, this 15% has a great deal of power and wealth and has accumulated this power and wealth over decades.   We are currently seeing the full manifestation of their tactics.  The Religious Right envisions America as a “White, straight, Republican, healthy, and able-bodied (except 65+)” nation.  Anyone who doesn’t fit this criteria is “out” and deserves to be excluded, punished, tortured, or even killed.  Doesn’t this sound familiar, like Nazi Germany?

Let’s take a look at these liberal teachings of Christ that the Religious Right calls “Woke,” “Liberal,” and “Weak,” and even socialism, communism.

The Gospel of Matthew 25 35-40

035 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[f] you did it to me.’

The Beatitudes

The Sermon on the Mount

Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him.

The Beatitudes

And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

There are plenty more of Jesus’ “liberal” teachings that I can quote.

I am told by the Religious Right on a regular basis that I couldn’t possibly know what is going on since I only read liberal “fake” news sources. Let’s take a look at a political commentary and some recent headlines which match the lived experiences of those serving in ministry like myself. This video title says Evangelicals, but it should say The Religious Right which again only makes up about 15% of Evangelical, Catholic/Orthodox, Protestant American mostly anglo Christians.  Unfortunately, this is a powerful and wealthy group.

There is a wealth of material about these truths which match what lay and ordained ministers like myself are seeing first-hand. The Religious Right is finally denouncing the teachings of Christ. It doesn’t surprise us (The Christian Left) in the slightest.  We’ve seen it coming for a while now.

Browse Our Archives