From the far coast we remember the anniversary of the horror and grief and carnage of the attack on the United States by terrorists, O Gentle and Powerful Holy One, and we pray that we will be part of the repair work to be poured out on the wounds in our world:
- Give us open eyes to notice the grief and separations that keep human beings from love.
- Give us open ears to hear the longings and wounds that prompt others made in God’s image to keep their distance.
- Give us strong legs and agile feet to seek out those who are fearful and therefore full of hate.
- Give us limber and wide arms to welcome those who who are broken and those who stay at a distance.
- Give us creative and lively minds to keep searching for the things that make for peace in the world.
- Give us the ample, forgiving and tenacious Love of Jesus for the world God made.