Matthew 5 and 6 present us with the Sermon on the Mount and the Lord’s Prayer. Both of these contain teachings that are not merely difficult but impossible:
- Cut off your hand in your fight against sin?
- Pluck out your eye too?
- Get right with others before giving your sacrifice on the altar?
- You’ll be answerable to the Sanhedrin?
- In danger of the fires of Hell?
- Don’t be like the Gentiles?
- Be perfect like God?
- Not forgiven unless you forgive others first?
Jen from Washington called in to our radio program to ask about how we should view these harsh teachings of Jesus in light of God’s new covenant grace.
In this short clip, I address this very important question.
What I share here can impact the way you view God, the way you read your Bible, and the way you see yourself in relationship to the Law.
Don’t miss this one!