When trouble strikes, are you quick to say, “I don’t need help, I’ve got this”? When you can’t resolve a dilemma yourself, do you turn to family, friends, or self-help resources for direction and insight? When your relationships fail, your finances are in a mess, or you’re struggling to deal with the everyday stresses of life — where do you go for help?
Did you know?
- The Bible sheds light on our everyday life situations.
- “The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.” 2 Timothy 2:7
- The Bible reveals the desires of our hearts and the needs of our souls.
- “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.” Hebrews 4:12
- The Bible gives us hope in hopeless times.
- “Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.” Romans 15:4
- The Bible tells us right from wrong, what to avoid and what to embrace.
- “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.” 2 Timothy 3:16
- The Bible helps us see past what’s temporary so we can embrace the eternal.
- “So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” 2 Corinthians 4:18
- The Bible gives us direction in times of uncertainty.
- “This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow. Oh, that you had listened to my commands!” Isaiah 48:17
- The Bible provides peace in times of trouble.
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- The Bible gives us courage for life!
- “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
I’ve heard it said, experiential knowledge is true knowledge. We don’t really know something until we’ve tried it out for ourselves, put it into practice, and personally experienced its power and possibilities. When is the last time you’ve experienced the power of God and His Word?
God never said life would be easy, — quite the opposite. He warns us repeatedly in Scripture to prepare for difficulty. So, why is it God is the last person we turn to and the Bible is the last place we look for answers?
Let today be the day you stop running the wrong way and run swiftly to the never-ending source of hope and help — to the Lord and His Word!