Terror strikes in France leaving more than 80 dead and dozens wounded

Terror strikes in France leaving more than 80 dead and dozens wounded July 14, 2016

Terrorism has struck once again in France as a terrorist drove a truck into a crowded street Thursday evening, killing more than 80 people, including children and injuring dozens more.

The attack, which took place during Bastille Day celebrations in Nice, France is the second largest terrorist attack in the last year following the Paris attacks in November which left 130 dead.

“France is badly hit,” French President Francois Hollande said, adding that “we need to do everything we can to fight against” such attacks.

“All of France is under the threat of Islamic terrorism,” he said.

Roy Calley, a witness to the attack told the BBC that there were “thousands of people on the promenade” when the attack occurred.

“The police have completely taken over the city, the promenade has now been closed down. Everybody was physically pushed away from the site and told to get back in no uncertain terms by the police.

“I live 200m from the promenade and it took nearly one hour 30 minutes to get back to my flat because all the roads have been closed down.”

 


Browse Our Archives

Follow Us!


TRENDING AT PATHEOS Nonreligious
What Are Your Thoughts?leave a comment