Glenn Beck has repeatedly claimed to be a prophet, saying that virtually everything he has ever predicted has come true. On his radio show this week he showed how he does this and it’s just like a “psychic” does a cold reading — make a huge number of vague claims that can be made to fit virtually any situation.
On his radio show today, Beck hauled out his trusty chalkboard upon which he wrote down his thoughts about President Obama, Russia, and the North Korea/Sony hacking incident in order lay out at least 20 absurdly vague predictions about looming global chaos and conflict:
“It’s what’s coming,” Beck warned.
- Chaos in Russia
- Russian expansion into the Ukraine and beyond
- War with the West
- War in the Middle East
- War involving Syria and Iran and possibly North Korea
- Chaos in Europe
- Muslim extremists in Europe
- Nazis/Communists/Anarchists in Europe
- A caliphate in the Middle East
- Terrorist attacks in Pakistan
- Terrorist attacks spreading into India
- Terrorism in Australia
- Terrorism spreading into Asia
- Communists in South America
- Border conflicts
- Chaos in the United States
- Race riots in the United States
- Political chaos
- Banking chaos
- The rise of a police state
In other words: “I’m getting the letter J. Does that have any meaning to you? Do you know anyone whose name begins with J?” You throw enough bullshit at the wall and some of it is bound to stick. This is how you become a “prophet” when you have an audience full of credulous and ignorant people with an overwhelming need to believe.