My new book, 7 Things I Wish Christians Knew About the Bible, drops on 7 June 2021. Hopefully gives you something to look forward to this year.
Here’s the blurb:
Seven Things I Wish Christians Knew about the Bible is a short and readable introduction to the Bible–its origins, interpretation, truthfulness, and authority.
Bible scholar and Anglican priest Michael Bird helps Christians understand seven important “things” about this unique book:
- How the Bible was put together;
- What “inspiration” means;
- How the Bible is true;
- Why the Bible needs to be rooted in history;
- Why literal interpretation is not always the best interpretation;
- How the Bible gives us knowledge, faith, love, and hope; and
- How Jesus Christ is the center of the Bible.
Seven Things presents clear and understandable evangelical account of the Bible’s inspiration, canonization, significance, and relevance in a way that is irenic and compelling. It is a must-read for any serious Bible reader who desires an informed and mature view of the Bible that will enrich their faith.