This is what we expect from our readers who leave comments here.
1. Engage the contents of the post. This is a journalism weblog. Please strive to comment on journalism issues, not your opinions of the doctrinal or political beliefs of other people. [If you leave a TrackBack, link to the post.]
2. Provide a valid email address or a link to your blog or website. If you’re unwilling to do this, we do not owe you a forum.
3. Provide at least your first name. If all you have to offer is a nom de plume, we’re not interested. If you post as more than one person from the same IP address, we’ll block that address.
4. A note to journalists: If you want to argue or dialogue with us about a GetReligion post that addresses your work, please use our “Submit” link to tell us that you wish to do so. We take your concerns seriously and want to air them and discuss them in a public, on-the-record manner if that is possible.
5. Do not engage in ad hominem arguments. We will delete such comments punctually, and will not respond to complaints (whether public or private) about the deletions.
6. We reserve the right to identify trollish behavior for what it is.