The first 12 chapters of John are commonly seen as John’s “book of signs.” There are seven signs, which may suggest a connection with the creation week. Some starting thoughts:
1. Water to wine, ch 2: Jesus’ manifests His glory, His light in the darkness of Israel.
2. Child raised from deathbed, ch 4: second sign (4:54; again in Cana)
3. Paralytic in Jerusalem, ch 5: Water plays a prominent role in the story.
4. Feeding of 5000, ch 6: They want to make Jesus king (6:15), like the luminaries.
5. Crossing the sea, ch 6: Water again prominent, and the fifth day is the day for sea creature.
6. Blind man receives sight, ch 9: Jesus makes a man new with clay, as in Genesis 2:7.
7. Lazarus raised from the dead, ch 11: Resurrection, new life, Sabbath.