God’s love is new every morning
“The steadfast love of God never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23)
One of my favorite hymns, “Great is Thy Faithfulness” is based on Lamentations 3:22-23. God is faithful and in all the changes of life, God’s mercy endures. What a promise this passage holds for us:
• God’s love is certain and unending.
• God’s grace never ceases to embrace us.
• God brings us something new with each day.
• God is ever-faithful. We depend on God’s love.
These are some of the greatest affirmations of scripture. Throughout the day, take time to recite them. Make them personal but adding “I” or “me” –
• God’s love for me is unending.
• God’s grace constantly embraces me.
• I see new possibilities every day, and God is giving me a new vision each morning.
• I can depend on God’s love.
• God’s promises to me are certain and true.
Out of God’s faithfulness, you are called to make a decision to be faithful to others. To use your life as a gift to the world, even if the most you can do is pray. The world is changed every time we pray. So prayer can be your gift today.
God loves you. God is faithful. You can begin again. Relationships can be healed. You can do something new and beautiful for your Creator and Parent.
Here is CeCe Winans singing “Great is Thy Faithfulness” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLOMz1ybYQg
Great is Your Faithfulness, God unto me. In all the seasons of life, let me trust you and let your faithfulness inspire me to share your graces with others. In Christ’s Name. Amen.