A large group of Iranian pro-democracy and human rights activists support the recent nuclear deal and ask the American Congress not to derail it. These supporters include former and current political prisoners, lawyers working for human rights, feminists, filmmakers, and a Noble Peace Prize laureate. It shows how the overwhelming majority of Iranians fighting for freedom support the deal, and the opponents of the deal are the enemies of freedom for Iranian people.
This video here features many of them. I couldn’t embed it, sadly. But make sure to watch.
All of the people in this video are pro-democracy activists. Most are secularists. Most are former political prisoners. Among them you can see these great activists:
- Mohammadreza Jalaeipour, former political prisoner, son of a prominent reformist, organizer of this campaign
- Shirin Ebadi, human rights lawyer, feminist Noble Peace Prize laureate
- Ghoncheh Ghavami, the woman who was arrested for watching volleyball, feminist, human rights activists
- Farrokh Negahdar, former political prisoner, former communist leader and now influential Democratic Socialist
- Ebrahim Yazdi, Iranian pro-democracy legend, foreign minister to Bazargan’s liberal government, former political prisoner
- Jafar Panahi, filmmaker former political prisoner who has been banned from making films, who won Golden Bear at 65th Berlin International Film Festival for a movie he made secretly
- Nasrin Sotoudeh, human rights lawyer, feminist, former political prisoner, another Iranian legend
This campaign goes on, and if you search YouTube for it you’ll find many other Iranians signing up for it. It’s a who’s who of Iran’s best activists.
Of course I’ve mentioned before that 86% of Iranians support the deal.
Also, here I explain why I support the deal.
Image credit: U.S. Department of State, via Flickr, image is public domain