Update: Since it’s taking longer than anticipated to get the questions up the deadline for mailing them to CaluluNLQ@gmail.com has been pushed back until December 1st, 2012. Please consider participating in all or part of this project! Thanks for considering it.
Today’s questions are about how you came into adulthood and your feelings, beliefs and influences on your past, present or even future parenting style.
1. At what age did you start thinking about having children and considering all what that entailed?
2. How many children do you have and how old were you when you had your first child?
3. What was the biggest surprise about having children that you had to confront?
4. Did you use any of the parenting techniques, discipline methods or nurturing experiences that were used on you as a child?
5. What parenting techniques, discipline methods or nurturing experiences that were used on you that you didn’t use on your own children and why?
Comments open below
NLQ Recommended Reading …‘Breaking Their Will: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment‘ by Janet Heimlich
‘Quivering Daughters‘ by Hillary McFarland
‘Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement‘ by Kathryn Joyce