The entire article is worth a read but we are quoting the bit on how to recover from Economic or Financial Abuse:
If you believe you are a victim of financial abuse …
2. If you believe you are a victim, start organizing important financial and personal documents such as bank statements, birth and marriage certificates, etc., and store them with friends or family or in another secret, safe location outside of your home.
3. Earn extra money however you can, and keep it with a trusted person or in a secret location, so you can rely on this when you leave.
4. Get a free copy of your credit report at Annual Credit Report. Report or dispute any fraudulent charges.
5. Create a budget so you know how much your housing, food, transportation and other expenses will cost when you leave.
6. Change your PIN codes and passwords so your abuser can’t access your financial information or track your activity.