by Bruce Gerencser cross posted from his blog The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser,
(Editor’s note: Thought we should start the year off with a bit of levity. Every year until the last few televangelist Pat Robertson used to put together his prediction list for the new year and we’re run it here along side how inaccurate he’d been for the previous year. Since Pat has abandoned doing just that we have to rely on Bruce to fill in the blanks, but from a different angle. Happy 2016, may it be a huge improvement on 2015!)
This is the time of year when Evangelical soothsayers, psychics, and Nate Silver (ESPN 538) make predictions for the coming year. I thought, in keeping with the spirit of the New Year, that I, the atheist version of Carnac the Magnificent, would make a few predictions of my own. Here’s my 15 Astounding Predictions for 2016.
- Richard Dawkins will say something stupid.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson will say something brilliant.
- The Pope will not get laid.
- Evangelicals will continue to say the rapture is nigh.
- At least three Evangelical preachers will be arrested and charged with molesting children and 25 others will be accused of sexual misconduct.
- Evangelicals will continue to say atheists hate God and secretly want to have wanton, immoral sex.
- Franklin Graham will be exposed as a cross dressing transvestite.
- Evangelical Calvinists will continue to say their critics don’t understand Calvinism.
- Bart Ehrman will write another book. It will be titled Jesus Before the Gospels: How the Earliest Christians Remembered, Changed, and Invented their Stories of the Savior. I predict it will be released on March 1, 2016
- Donald Trump will say bat-shit crazy stuff and his followers will love it.
- Evangelicals will continue to think that Christianity is under attack and that secularists are trying to make Christianity illegal.
- Tea Party Republicans will continue to think that the lame stream media controls America and that Muslim socialist Barack Hussein Obama is coming to take their guns.
- The day after Thanksgiving, Fox News will say that there is a War on Christmas.
- One Million Moms will continue to be outraged over nudity, cursing, and gay kissing on TV. This year they will find their lost remote and learn that if they push the channel button it changes the channel.
- Democrats will win the presidency, a sure sign that the Antichrist is preparing to usher in the new world order.
Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network member, Bruce Gerencser blogs at The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser He writes from the unique perspective of having been a pastor for many years and having seen it all in churches. His journey out of being a true believer and pastor has been an interesting and informative one.
Bruce Gerencser spent 25 years pastoring Independent Fundamental Baptist, Southern Baptist, and Christian Union churches in Ohio, Michigan, and Texas. Bruce attended Midwestern Baptist College in Pontiac, Michigan. He is a writer and operates The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser blog. Bruce lives in NW Ohio with his wife of 35 years. They have six children, and eleven grandchildren.
Copyright notice: If you use any content from NLQ, including any of our research or Quoting Quiverfull quotes, please give us credit and a link back to this site. All original content is owned by No Longer Quivering and Patheos.com