The Manuscript for Shrink was officially accepted by Zondervan last week. The final painful edits involved cutting a full chapter, which hurt a bit at the time, but seems so obvious now that I can’t believe I was ever worried about it. This feels like a pretty big milestone for me, and for the project. Essentially, it means that 1) I didn’t completely fumble the writing & cause the publisher to pull the plug, and 2) Now that most of the major edits are done the manuscript is at least in decent shape. The production of the book now enters a new phase that involves a lot more concentrated editing and fine tuning.
I’ve had so much fun working on this project. I’ve never cared more about something I’ve written, and as I have begun sharing some of my ideas with people – especially in a college or seminary environment – I’ve been encouraged by the response. Here’s a look at the cover we decided on.