Snowflake alert: Conservatives are raging because a new book, “If You Give a Pig the White House: A Parody,” dares to mock President Trump.
The book, released earlier this week, was written by Faye Kanouse and illustrated by Amy Zhing, and is described as “the adult parody of the beloved children’s cautionary tale, ‘If You Give a Pig a Pancake.’”
The following overview of the adult parody is provided via Amazon:
A coiffed and blustery pig has shoved his way into the White House! A cleverly worded and illustrated picture book, this is the adult parody of the beloved children’s cautionary tale, If You Give a Pig a Pancake.
Watch in dismay as the presidential pig gets into trouble, binges on too much Fox News and fast food, and cavalierly threatens national security. If You Give a Pig the White House both lovingly caricatures the original children’s book and shows just what can happen when a greedy anti-hero tracks his hooves all over America.
Conservatives were quick to react to the new book on social media, with many calling for a boycott. For example, the popular Facebook page “Texas For Donald Trump 2020,” called for a boycott of Barnes and Noble if the book is not removed from the store:
And writing on the Barnes and Noble complaint board, one concerned Trump-loving conservative opined:
Why is this book in your store? This is absolutely disgusting, especially since it is targeting the minds of young children. I will never EVER shop your stores again if this book remains in your stores. I imagine if this was a parody on Obama, with is likeness to pig on the front . . . would that be OK for you? The fact that this book is being sold by Barnes and Noble speaks volumes about what you decide to sell . . .
And on Amazon there are plenty of reviews from delusional conservatives angry that Trump is being mocked. For example:
However, as word spread of the outrage, more reasonable people have been buying the book and giving it favorable reviews. For example:
- A waste of paper. Teaching kids to disrespect the office of President is a terrible idea. Grow the hell up. Poorly written and juvenile. Morons will love this though especially if they suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome.
- I think this is a sorry excuse for a children’s book…meant only to brainwash young children to dislike our current President. I hope NO ONE buys this disgusting liberal “parody”!
- I want to read one of these on the Kenyan King of America who never had any issues: Except for Benghazi, Fast and Furious, Giving $150 Billion to a terrorist state, Locking up a dissenter for several months, Associating with known Pedophiles and a family that is associated with tens of suicides.
- It is a disgusting book written by a snowflake author. Teaches kids nothing but hate. Amazon please remove this crap asap.
- A hysterical parody book that mocks the Trump. It was cute, awesome and will be a great memory to give to our grandchildren to prove we survived this administration. Loved it!
- I actually purchased this book to see what made so many people leave one star reviews. First off, it is not a children’s book. It is a parody of a children’s book, which is stated clearly in Amazon’s synopsis of the book, and on the cover of the book. I found it quite funny. The illustrations are very well done. I am happy to support the author. No one is forcing anyone to buy this book. I am sure I will get some responses to my comments. Please attempt to be respectful.
- I found this book to be extremely clever and very accurate. Pigs however probably will take issue with it. Some things just can’t be helped.
- Fantastic read!
Bottom line: Conservatives are raging because a new book, “If You Give a Pig the White House: A Parody,” dares to mock President Trump.