Welcome to the Roll to Disbelieve Super Special #2: Thanksgiving! Below, I’ve assembled some posts about topics that relate to the holiday. If you’re totally losing patience with some of the people you’re around this weekend, then come hang out here! I’ve got plenty of stuff to read, and on the internet, nobody can tell that you’re hiding in the guest bathroom.
Past Thanksgiving Posts.
Feel free to laugh at me. I literally wrote a kitchen-disasters post a few years ago about exploding apple cakes.
This year, I did exactly the same thing again.
I thought, Hey, at least I learned enough to put a pan down under the mini-pans this time, but then I read the post in question. I got that far last time, too. So we have exploded apple cake again this year. At least it tastes just as good with homemade vanilla ice cream.
- Thanksgiving 2014. We made it another year!
- Thanksgiving: When Life Hands You Exploding Apple Cake. You’d think I’d have learned this already.
- How Deconverting Made Thanksgiving Better. Getting away from authoritarian systems had a huge impact on how I perceived thankfulness.
Meaning and Purpose Posts.
So much of the whole meaning and purpose stuff we get bombarded with is just marketing hype. Create a need–fill the need. Taste is everything: Obey your thirst. Oof! Just untangling that mess can be complicated.
- Captain Cassidy’s Quest for Happiness: Where It Wasn’t.
- The Big Secret About the Meaning of Life (That Christians Don’t Want People to Know).
- Busting the First Myth About Having Meaning and Purpose in Life.
- And Yet It Moves: Dismantling the Second Myth About Meaning and Purpose.
- The Darker Side of Artificial Meaning and Purpose.
- Finding Meaning in This Vale of Tears.
- It Is Not Enough; It Is More Than Enough.
Faith in Humanity, Renewed.I love these sorts of posts so much and hope you will too.
- Operation Pitchfork and a Moment of Crisis. The Last Great Act of Defiance, defined.
- Faith in Humanity: Restored in Time for Christmas. Mr. Captain finds unexpected kindness in a storm.
- Faith in Humanity (We’re Gonna Be All Right). Yr. Loyal Captain finds unexpected kindness on a long journey.
- Faith in Humanity: Sowing Discord and Harvesting Love. A compassionate minister stands firm against his denomination’s bigotry.
- Faith in Humanity: Restored. A little girl’s fighting spirit inspires an entire gaming community.
However you spend today, may it be full of love and good things!
Please Support What I Do!
If you like what you see, I would love to have your support. My PayPal is email@example.com (that’s an underscore in there) for one-time tips. I also welcome monthly patrons via Patreon with Roll to Disbelieve. You can also support the blog through my Amazon Affiliate link! Thanks!
Consider this post an Off-Topic Wonderland 🙂 What’s for dinner?