Well! Yesterday, we celebrated the Spring Equinox! As you gaze out across this wonderful planet of ours today, please enjoy these science-related past posts from Roll to Disbelieve.
Today, on THE UNIVERSE:
- Learning to Move Past Religious Narcissism. Holy cow, our universe is glorious and HUGE.
- Metaphysics: Not the Droid Christians Are Looking For. But I love it when they try to go there.
- Angelo Stagnaro: Another Creationist Who’s Gotten It Backward. I also love it when Christians try to pretend they know anything about the multiverse.
- The Cosmic Freakout Over Cosmos. Ignorance became a Christian virtue.
- Theories Aren’t Bills. How toxic Christians have more or less successfully redefined yet another word.
Our Big Blue Marble.
- The Super Blood Wolf Moon Is Coming! I loved astrology as a kid. Still do.
- Darkness At Noon. The 2017 solar eclipse.
- Compartmentalization: A Life in Boxes. In college, while I was still very Pentecostal, I worked for the school’s Genetics Lab. Hilarity ensued when a true-blue Mormon guy came on board.
- A Matter of Faith: Mega-Review. Fundagelical Christians hurl themselves at the Theeeory of Eeeeevilution.
- Don’t Waste It. Why Creationism itself represents great harm to children.
Animals, Mostly Not Including Cats.
- Why It Had To Be Snakes. Why Christians literally demonize snakes. Tumblr’s porn filter got really mad at this one for some reason.
- Horses Are Bastards. Well, they are.
- Flexibility, As Measured On Horseback. I learn some big lessons while riding a big horse.
- Easter: I’d Rather Be a Lion. Christians compare themselves to sheep, probably because they have no idea in the world why shepherds tend sheep.
- How Cat-Tipping Taught Me to Be Gentle to Myself. I really miss Monster sometimes.
- No Miracles for Monsterlet. She was a monster–but just a little one.
- Life, Death, and Kittens. This post features the first appearance of Bumble and Bother!
- Life, Death, Immortality, and What Matters Most. A loving eulogy for Lord Snow, Monster’s brother.
- FULL KITTEN UPDATES. If you want kitten pictures, well, here are TONS of them!
Humanity’s Ancient Past.
- Not a Good Week To Be a Science Denier. Various science-related breaking stories from the time.
- Creationism: Living and Learning. My back injury reminds me of some major headaches for Creationists.
- The Waiting Room: That Moment We Dangle Between Fates. Or, My First Mammogram. (It went fine.)
- Fruitarians and Fundamentalists. Our varied diet allows for quite a lot of wingnuttery.
- The Google Doodle: Surprisingly, Ken Ham Was Right About Something. Google celebrated the discovery of the Lucy fossil. Immediately, Creationists pitched a total fit over it.
- Finally Something Sensible: The Soothing Familiarity of Pseudo-Archaeology. Christians croon love-songs to one of their favorite pseudosciences.
- Just Another Brick in the Wall (Falls Out). Young TRUE CHRISTIAN™ Teenybopper Cas wanders into her first college history class and gets her little ankle-socks blown clean off.
Friends, thanks for being part of Roll to Disbelieve. I hope you’ve enjoyed this trip down Memory Lane as much as I have!
Please Support What I Do!
If you like what you see, I would love to have your support. My PayPal is firstname.lastname@example.org (that’s an underscore in there) for one-time tips. I also welcome monthly patrons via Patreon with Roll to Disbelieve. You can also support the blog through my Amazon Affiliate link! Thanks!
Consider this post an Off-Topic Wonderland 🙂 If you like outdoors stuff, what is your favorite little chunk of this planet?