Do you love Christmas movies as much as my family? There are certain movies we watch again and again and count Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Elf, A Christmas Story, Holiday Inn and It’s a Wonderful Life among our favorites. Not only are the stories entertaining and put us in the Christmas spirit, they also include underlying messages on the importance of love, friends and family during this beautiful season.
With a big assist from The Everything Family Christmas Book by Yvonne Jeffery, I’ve created a Christmas movie trivia quiz. Most of the questions were adapted from this wonderful book, though I’ve added several of my own. Also included are a few questions from two popular, long-running Christmas TV specials, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
There are 20 multiple-chpice questions in total. You’ll find the answers at the bottom of the page, just below the links to a few Christmas-related tales.
The “I Love Christmas Movies” Trivia Quiz
Why was Kevin McCallister exiled to his room in the original Home Alone?
(a). He knocked down the shelving in his brother bedroom.
(b). He was discovered taping his weird uncle while he was taking a shower.
(c). He was spending too much time watching TV.
(d). He was responsible for a messy kitchen spill.
- In the original Home Alone, what pet escapes from Buzz’s room?
(a). A mouse
(b). A tarantula
(c). A snake
(d). A tree frog
- In Home Alone 2, where was the family headed for a Christmas vacation?
(d). Los Angeles
- Who gave Kevin two turtle doves in Home Alone 2?
(a). His brother, Buzz
(b). Harry and Marv
(c). The toy store owner, Mr. Duncan
(d). The hotel bellboy
- What is the first image, after the opening credits, in It’s a Wonderful Life?
(a). A sky full of stars, three of which blink as the angels speak
(b). George Bailey sledding down the hill on a snow shovel
(c). George’s brother, Harry, sledding down the hill on a snow shovel
(d). A sign reading “You are now in Bedford Falls”
- If George Bailey had never been born in It’s a Wonderful Life, what would Bedford Falls have been called?
- In It’s a Wonderful Life, what does it mean when you hear bells ringing?
(a). It’s 12 Noon
(b). You have tinnitus
(c). You’re late for church services
(d). An angel has gotten its wings
- In the movie A Christmas Story, what prize did Ralphie’s Dad win?
(a). A fancy watch
(b). A lawn mower
(c). A leg lamp
(d). A new car
- Where did the family go out for Christmas dinner in A Christmas Story?
(a). Grandma’s house
(b). The Main Street Diner
(c). Uncle Joe’s Cafe
(d). Bo’ Ling Chop Suey Palace
- In which film did Bing Crosby first sing “White Christmas”?
(a). Holiday Inn
(b). Pennies from Heaven
(c). It’s a Wonderful Life
(d). White Christmas
- In the film “White Christmas,” where is General Waverly’s inn located?
(a). Pine Tree, Vermont
(b). Stowe, Vermont
(c). Upstate New York
(d). Whitefield, New Hampshire
- In How The Grinch Stole Christmas, what town did the Grinch set his sights on?
(a). Bedford Falls
- In How The Grinch Stole Christmas, who did the Grinch encounter?
(a). The Cat in the Hat
(b). Horton the Elephant
(c). Cindy Lou Who
(d). The Lorax
- What voice narrated the animated TV special Frosty the Snowman?
(a). Gene Autry
(b). Danny Kaye
(c). Fred Astaire
(d). Jimmy Durante
- In the animated TV special Frosty the Snowman, what kind of hat did Frosty wear?
(a). A magician’s top hat
(b). A velvet fedora
(c). A wool cap
(d). He did not wear a hat
- In the animated TV special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, who was Rudolph’s dentist friend?
- In the animated TV special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, who was Rudolph’s explorer friend?
(a). Jack London
(b). Yukon Cornelius
(c). Yukon Jack
(d). Jack Flash
- In the movie Elf, what are the four food groups according to Buddy the Elf.
(a). Greens, yellow, oranges and reds
(b). Vegetables, grains, dairy and proteins
(c). Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup
(d). Cupcakes, cookies, pizza and chocolate milk
- In the movie Elf, Buddy takes his date to a restaurant with the “world’s best” what?
(a). World’s best chicken soup
(b). World’s best ice cream sundae
(c). World’s best cup of coffee
(d). World’s best cheeseburger
- In the movie Elf, according to Buddy, what is the best way to spread Christmas cheer?
(a). Standing under the mistletoe
(b). Singing loud for all to hear
(c). Sharing a glass of eggnog
(d). Making snow angels
Looking for the usual Wake Up Call spiritual fare? Here are a few Christmas-related stories you might enjoy.