Alright…today is the day. Starting at high noon EST there will be 24 straight hours of retro games and discussion of deep subjects, all for the good of the land.
A wise man would’ve gotten a full night of sleep if he knew he was going to have to stay up for 24 straight hours the following day. I am, of course, a wise man…which is why I definitely didn’t stay up until 3:30am playing the fan translation of Shining Force III, getting only 5 hours of sleep in the process. Nope.
The actual stream for the game will be on Jason’s blog. I will, however, be checking the comments here. Leave challenges, comments, taunts, requests for topics for us and our guests to tackle, WORSHIP FOR MY RETRO GAMING SKILLS, etc.
Let me know which game you guys want to see first.
- NBA Jam/NBA Hangtime
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Street Fighter II
- Aliens vs. Predator
- Battle Circuit
- Smash TV
- R-Type LEO
- Ninja Baseball Batman
- Altered Beast
- The Simpsons
- Turtles in Time
- Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
- Ninja Commando
- River City Ransom
- Mario Kart
- Mega Man (whichever ones we feel like)
- Sonic (ditto)
- Sonic 2: betting on which of us can get through Emerald Hill Zone 1 the fastest.
- Pledge one penny per second for Mega Man 2 based on the following formula: 10 minutes minus how long it takes me to beat Flash Man’s stage.
- Pledge one dollar for every stage we can get through in contra using only three lives.
- $5 let’s you choose my character in a game (think Street Fighter II or Mortal Kombat), and I will play with that character until I win. I will disclose which characters I suck with (Chun Li).
- Pick a level in the Simpsons Arcade and pledge $5 minus however many lives one of us loses on that level.
I will also donate all my profits from this post (at the rate of $100/25,000 hits) to the Game-a-thon. So spread this post around. The more hits, the more phat cash Patheos donates to the cause. 🙂
Tweet at us using #GDLS!
I may not survive this…