Following the CSCO listing of top ten books for NT grad students to read, here’s my own:
1. Textual Criticism: David Parker, An Introduction to the New Testament Manuscripts and Their Texts.
2. NT Greek: Stanley E. Porter, Idioms of the Greek New Testament.
3. Christian Origins: Christopher Rowland, Christian Origins.
4. Historical Jesus: Gerd Theissen and Annette Merz, The Historical Jesus: A Comprehensive Guide
5. Gospels: Martin Hengel, The Four Gospels and the One Gospel of Jesus Christ.
6. Paul: F.C. Baur, Paul the Apostle of Jesus Christ.
7. Paul: James Dunn, Theology of Paul the Apostle.
8. Catholic Letters: Robert Wall and Karl-Wilhelm Niebuhr, The Catholic Epistles and Apostolic Tradition.
9. Revelation: Richard Bauckham, The Theology of the Book of Revelation
10. NT Theology: James Dunn, Unity and Diversity in the New Testament